Autumn Pear Salad
Author: The Milkhouse Kitchen
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces baby greens
- 1 medium pear, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Heat the sugar with the pecans in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook while stirring until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Transfer nuts to wax paper. Allow to cool and break apart.
- Place the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the greens in a 48 ounce Milkhouse Creamery Crock. Top with pear slices, red onion, blue cheese and dried cranberries. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Top with the candied pecans.