Are the long January days getting you down? Are you thinking about the sunny, warm days ahead when the outdoors will be calling you to step out and enjoy the sunshine?
- 1 ounce Rum Chata
- 1 ounce Caramel flavored vodka
- 1 ounce Butter Scotch Schnapps
- 1 ounce cream
- Caramel ice cream topping and toffee bits for garnish
- Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in caramel ice cream topping. Then dip in toffee bits to cover rim. Chill.
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Pour the Rum Chata, caramel vodka, butter scotch schnapps and cream over ice. Shake until very cold. Pour into chilled glass.
Here we are stuck between holidays with no excuse to get together and share some cheer! Maybe this is the perfect time to have a Movie night in your living room. This is a fun evening for any number from 2 to 20. Just make sure you have comfy seating for everyone invited. There are so many options for what movies to show, but of course the first consideration is to know your guests. You want to make sure your movie is enjoyed by everyone. I love to show some old classics. I think it invites much more conversation as people discuss their favorite scenes and thoughts on the movie.
Refreshments are a big part of this theme. I am going with a Butter Toffee Cocktail. This is a sweet and silky concoction that I am sure your guests will enjoy. Pair it with a Butter Toffee Sea Salt Caramel Corn and some traditional movie snacks in a basket and I think you will have some happy movie watchers.
- 16 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Pour popped corn onto large baking sheet or roaster.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (6-8 minutes). Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Carefully pour hot syrup mixture over popcorn. Stir to coat.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes or until caramel is crisp. Pour out onto waxed paper and cool completely.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a small bowl on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, to melt. Drizzle over cooled corn. Immediately sprinkle with toffee bits and sea salt. Let stand until set.
Now put out some soft pillows and warm throws and light those candles.