Cappuccino Brulee for Two
Author: The Milkhouse Kitchen
- ⅔ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream and chocolate covered coffee beans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place 2 Milkhouse Creamery 6 oz. crocks in a baking dish. Combine the cream, sugar, salt, and espresso powder in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks with coffee liqueur, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Gradually whisk yolk mixture into cream mixture. Divide custard among crocks. Pour enough hot water in pan to come half way up sides of crocks. Bake for 35 minutes or until custard is soft set. Remove crocks from water. Chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Sprinkle each chilled custard with sugar. Place under hot broiler or evenly melt the sugar with a small torch until sugar bubbles and caramelizes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate covered coffee beans if desired. Serve immediately.