As nice as it is that Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year, it probably means there will be extra long waiting list at your favorite restaurant. May be a good time to stay in for that romantic dinner. With a little advance planning, you can pull this off with ease.
First chill a nice bottle of wine. Pull out your favorite dishes. Now plan a simple but delicious menu. How about a nice shrimp cocktail for starters, followed by a simple salad and a really good steak? Add a baked potato or a side of fresh pasta and I am pretty sure you will have a very impressed valentine.
The perfect ending to this romantic dinner for two is this delicious Chocolate Truffle cocktail. Chocolate, raspberry lusciousness with a sweet cream top and fresh raspberries makes the perfect dessert. Serve with a plate of chocolates, some fruit and a cup of coffee while you cuddle on the sofa to enjoy a classic romantic movie.
- 1½ ounces dark crème de cocoa
- ½ ounce raspberry liqueur
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1½ ounce half & half
- Dip a cocktail glass in chocolate syrup and then into cocoa powder. Chill
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Add the crème de cocoa, raspberry liqueur, vanilla vodka and half & half. Shake until well chilled. Pour into prepared glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries if desired.
Isn’t this way better than standing in line for your restaurant reservation?