What is better on a summer morning then a leisurely breakfast that includes a Bloody Mary? A trip to the local Farmer’s Market is all the inspiration needed to create the perfect weekend treat. With bins overflowing with beautiful vivid vegetables and herbs, the entire brunch can be created in one glass.
Let’s start with a fresh Bloody Mary base. All of those fresh garden tomatoes only require a quick trip through the blender along with some other vegetables to make a delicious base for our embellishments.
Gin, vodka, or tequila, are all good choices. Let your guests choose their favorite. Don’t forget the hot sauce, horseradish, seasoned salt, and worcestershire sauce. Now, lay out an assortment of all of the wonderful treasures you found on your walk through the farmers market. Your friends will enjoy the treat of creating their own garnish for their masterpiece. Include fresh peppers, cucumber, hand crafted pickles, fresh cheese, beef sticks and any other interesting treasure you found that would benefit from a dunk in your delicious concoction. The sky’s the limit.
No other food is required for this easy morning party. The garnish for the drinks will take care of any snacking that is desired. Just make sure you include some fresh hot coffee and let the fun begin.
- Farmer’s Market Bloody Mary
- 6 large, ripe, heirloom tomatoes
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons, freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy horseradish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Chill until very cold. Put mixture through a food mill or strainer and serve in a pitcher.
- On a shallow plate mix 3 parts celery salt and 1 part fresh ground black pepper. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass, then dip the rims in the salt mixture.