Rich, spicy gingerbread with a good kick of pumpkin is how I would describe Gingerbread Pumpkin. It is one of the great fall fragrances form Milkhouse Candles. In fact it is our best selling fall fragrance and continues to sell right through the holidays.
So, I had to create a special beverage to go with this seasonal treat. The Gingerbread simple syrup is an extra step, but it is so worth it. You will be so glad you have it available in your refrigerator. It is delicious in coffee. A cute jar filled with Gingerbread Pumpkin Simple Syrup would certainly be an appreciated hostess gift.
The Pumpkin Spice Kahlua is only available as a seasonal item, so stock up. But, if you can’t find it feel free to substitute another pumpkin liqueur.
This would make a great dessert, but I am going to serve it on my appetizer table with Pumpkin Apple White Cheddar Cheese Ball. You can garnish your cheese ball with a twisted pretzel or cinnamon stick for a stem. I used a stem from a red pepper and some trimmings from my grapevines.
I am staying with the gingerbread pumpkin theme by including a dish of hot meatballs in a very easy sauce. All ingredients are already prepared, so you can be ready to throw this together in a couple of minutes. You will want to serve Gingerbread Pumpkin Turkey Meatballs over and over again throughout the season. I added an optional garnish of fried sage leaf. I think it gives it a nice holiday touch.
I hope you enjoy this seasonal treat all the way through the holidays.
Gingerbread Simple Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1” piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Gingerbread Pumpkin Martini
- 1 ounce Gingerbread Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce half and half
- 1 ounce Pumpkin Spice Kahlua
- Gingerbread cookie crumbs
- To make simple syrup, mix sugar, water, molasses, gingerroot, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cover. Allow to steep for 1 hour. Strain syrup into jar. Discard spices. Cover jar and refrigerate syrup.
- To prepare cocktail. Moisten rim of chilled martini glass. Dip rim in gingerbread cookie crumbs. Fill cocktail shaker half full of ice. Add the syrup, vodka, half and half and Kahlua. Shake until very cold. Pour into prepared glass.