Heirloom Tomato Butter
The perfect addition to breads and grilled meats.
Author: The Milkhouse Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- ½ cup finely chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet. Add tomato, garlic and salt.
- Simmer over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cool. Whip butter. Add the tomato puree. Mix in lemon juice, and vinegar.
- Fold in basil. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Place in a 6 ounce Milkhouse Candle Crock. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place on grilled fish or chicken. Great melted on steak or spread on crostini with fresh mozzarella.