Honeysuckle Pear is a best selling Spring fragrance. It is a very inviting botanical blend.
So, in honor of the beginning of spring, let’s celebrate with a Honeysuckle Pear inspired cocktail. How does a Pear Mojito sound? Honey simple syrup crushed with fresh pears, lime juice, mint and rum make an irresistible combination.
Start with a honey simple syrup. Mix ½ cup honey with ½ cup water and heat until dissolved. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
Pull out those beautiful pears and slice very thinly to make sweet pear chips. Dip your cut surfaces in granulated sugar and place on a rack placed over a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes. Watch closely, as they can burn quickly. Remove from pan and cool on a parchment paper. The resulting chip is crisp on the outsides, with just a little sweet chewiness left in the inner surface.
This makes a beautiful topping for a dessert, or serve as part of a cheese plate with a gorgonzola cheese.
- ½ cup fresh pear, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey simple syrup*
- 2 lime slices
- 2 ounces white rum
- club soda
- mint and lime for garnish
- Place the chopped pears, mint leaves, simple syrup, and lime slices in the bottom of a glass. Crush with a muddler or handle of a wooden spoon. Add ice. Pour in the rum and club soda. Stir to combine. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime wedges.
- *Honey simple syrup: Combine ½ cup honey and ½ cup water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, while stirring, until honey is dissolved. Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate.
I can’t think of a better way to welcome spring!