In my search to actually pinpoint exactly what a sugar plum is, I found a confusing array of definitions and left the internet no wiser. What I do know is that our Milkhouse Sugar Plums fragrance is a sweet and spicy blend of ripe seasonal fruits with nutmeg and cardamom. It is sure to be a holiday favorite fragrance in your home.
Now to create a drink to go with this fragrance, it had to be something that would delight holiday guests, be fruity and light and go well with all of those luscious treats that are so abundant this time of year.
This would be a perfect drink to serve at an old fashioned cookie exchange or any of your seasonal get togethers.
For the sweet fruity element, how about a juicy ripe plum, sliced and baked in a puff pastry square with a little sugar and spice. A quick glaze of your favorite fruit preserve will give it that holiday sparkle.
Black grapes brushed with pasteurized egg whites and dusted with sugar make a very festive addition.
Whatever ends up on your table this season, I am sure you will find this Sugar Plum cocktail a perfect companion.
- 1- ½ ounces plum wine
- 1 -1/2 ounces peach schnapps
- 1- ½ ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- Sugar, cinnamon and cardamom for rimming
- Gum drops or fresh plum slice for garnish
- Place a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and cardamom in a shallow bowl. Moisten the rim of a cocktail glass and dip in sugar mixture. Chill.
- Place the wine, schnapps, cranberry juice, and Amaretto in a chilled cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Shake well. Pour into prepared glass and garnish with plum slice or gum drops skewed on a pick.