Chili Cook-off & Cornbread Muffins!
Ready, set, go! It's Chili Cook-off time! Milkhouse has been buried under snow the last few weeks so we decided to warm things up with a Chili Cook-off! We had staff members bring in their favorite chili and we all voted for our favorite. We jazzed things up by using our candle jars for condiments and these adorable individual cornbread muffins. They were almost too cute to eat! See recipe below. Remember that all of our jars are food grade and oven safe, so they are perfect for reusing.
Cornbread Muffins in Milkhouse Cream Jars
· 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
· 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
· 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 large eggs
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 3/4 cup milk
· 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Spray cream jars with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, break up the eggs with a whisk. Whisk in the honey, and then the milk. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk mixture and the melted butter to the dry ingredients. Whisk until just blended. Do not overmix; it's okay if there are a few lumps. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared cream jars, filling each jar about half full. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are set and golden. Let muffins cool and serve warm.