Create a fun under-the-sea adventure! These mini aquariums are great to put in your kids bedroom or bathroom and can be used as a night light!
- Mason jar with lid
- Filtered water (Tap water works, but may be cloudy)
- Plastic aquarium plants
- Aquarium gravel
- Plastic fish and/or figurines like mermaids
- Seashells starfish, etc (Optional)
- Submersible candle lights (Optional - if you want to use as night lights)
- Blue food coloring (Optional)
- If you want your aquariums to be night lights, attach a light to the inside of the jar lid using E6000 glue. Set aside to dry while you build your aquarium.
- Put the plastic aquarium plant in the jar.
- Add gravel around the bottom of the jar and to cover the base of the plant.
- Add the figurines, fish, seashells and any other items to the jar.
- If you want blue water, add a couple drops of food coloring to the water first and stir. Slowly pour the water into the jar.
- Screw the lid on.
- To turn on the light, remove the lid, turn on the light, and then replace the lid.